The Project co-financed by the National Center for Research and Development under the program „PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF CIVILIZATION DISEASES – STRATEGMED”
"Therapeutic potential of adipose-derived stem cells, proven in clinical trials and examined in vitro - rationale for banking of well characterized cells."
The goal of the project
Progress in the use of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells (ADSCs) in regenerative medicine.
The way of implementation
The project is implemented in two ways. In the path 'from lab to the clinic' we use our skills to prepare SVF (stromal vascular fraction) and ADSC (Adipose Derived Stem Cells) stem cells for clinical trials planned in the project:
• in the treatment of difficult to heal wounds arising in the diabetic foot syndrome,
• in aesthetic medicine (patients with scars and symptoms of Cutis laxa senilis).
In the path ‘from the laboratory to the banking service and innovation in the preparation of cells for applications’, we are working on preparing for the implementation of the ADSC stem cell banking service, covering the individual characteristics of the differentiation potential of each deposited cell population. In addition, we are looking for a correlation between differentiation of ADSC stem cells in the in vitro culture and the results of molecular/epigenetic analysis of the starting cell material. We are working on new methods to quickly assess the quality of the deposited stem cells. We are developing new methods to prepare ADSC stem cells to be used in patients. We are investigating the immunogenic nature of human ADSC stem cells for future applications in GvHD and allogeneic applications.
- The Laboratory for Cell Research and Application of the Medical University of Warsaw – Project Leader
- Medical University of Warsaw
- Polish Stem Cell Bank (PBKM)
- Melitus, Ltd. - aesthetic surgery clinic
- Timeless Chirurgia Plastyczna, Ltd. - aesthetic surgery clinic
- Nanocellpharm, Ltd. - CRO
The duration of the project
1.04.2016 - 31.03.2020
The value of the grant
17 709 624 PLN
Małgorzata Lewandowska – Szumieł, Prof.: firstname.lastname@example.org